Are you involved in a complex business litigation dispute?
Depending on the nature and complexity of the dispute, you and your attorney may determine that a financial consultant or expert is required to help resolve the dispute.
Litigation Services Team: Our litigation services team specializes in providing assistance to attorneys and their clients with complex business disputes. Our litigation services include providing consulting and expert testimony for commercial disputes and financial advisory services for reorganization and bankruptcy purposes.
We have served as expert witnesses in both federal and state courts in Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. In addition, we have served as court-appointed neutral experts and masters of the court.
Our areas of service and expertise consist of:
- Developing an approach and strategy of presenting financial issues related to the case at hand.
- Analyzing and understanding the relevant industries and financial markets involved in the case.
- Assisting legal counsel and client with initial and on-going discovery issues.
- Developing alternative or multiple damage theories for each case.
- Analyzing the opposing expert damage model.
- Preparing exhibits to be utilized in demonstrating damage models applicable to the case at hand.
- Preparing expert reports for legal counsel and the courts.
- Preparing for and presenting expert witness testimony.
Litigation Consulting Services:
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder and partner disputes
- Marital dissolution issues that related to:
After-tax cash flow and net worth projections
Detailed budgets and property division worksheets
Present value of spousal support and defined benefit pensions
Child support guideline calculations
Tracing of premarital and post marital assets and liabilities
Tax and financial planning for both pre and post decree issues
- Professional malpractice
- Business interruption
Bankruptcy and Reorganization:
- Financial consulting for debtors, creditors, and trustees
- Financial forecasts
- Fraudulent conveyance
- Preference payment analysis
Forensic Accounting Services:
Has your business encountered a financial fraud?
Such an event requires quick reaction in order to prevent additional losses due to fraud, but also to recover the lost assets or funds.
If you suspect such a loss, hiring a financial forensic consulting expert is of upmost importance in order to quickly assess the extent of loss due to fraudulent activities by the perpetrating party or parties.
Forensic Services Team: Our forensic services team includes a member that holds the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) designation by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) as well as the prestigious designation a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) . Our expertise includes:
- Planning the investigation
- Assisting with discovery and obtaining evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Analyzing documents
- Performing searches of public documents
- Performing computer financial forensics in order to identify questionable transactions
- Determining how a theft or fraud was perpetrated and concealed
- Assessing the assets that were diverted and determining the method diversion of assets and the conversion to personal funds.
- Quantifying the damages or loss
- Preparing expert reports, presenting expert witness testimony
- Preparing expert demonstrative reports for the courts
- Assisting in the recasting of financial statements and tax returns to reflect the loss